Health & Safety Guidelines for Spring/Summer 2020 Season
The following guidelines presupose that the season will be played. The Fargo Soccer Club holds the safety and health of the families it serves are our highest priority. To that end, we follow the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the federal guidance and the North Dakota guidance on safety and health. In certain cases, local guidance from the cities of Fargo and Casselton as well as their respective Park Districts are integrated with the aforementioned guidances.
In order to conduct a youth soccer program with all this in mind, we offer the following guidance.
- No sharing of water bottles between players.
- No handshakes after games. This can be replaced with shoe bumps or elbow bumps, or simply a wave of the hand or nod of the head. Regardless, we want to express sportsmanship.
- Players at least 6 feet apart when on the sidelines, parents at least 6 feet apart at all times.
- Respect distance when using the Kennedy bathrooms or water fountains, if the bathrooms or water fountains are open.
- After-game treat distribution done using 6 foot separation.
- Masks optional at all games and practices. Use personal judgment.
- No one with symptoms of a cold, flu or other communicable ailment should attend a practice or a game, player or parent.
- Temperature testing at all games will be conducted by the club using a wireless (touchless) thermometer.
- Those who are susceptible to coronavirus are asked to not attend practices or games.
- Coaches should implement practice plans which separate players as much as possible.